Your Festival Essentials Guide to GTM Townsville!
GTM 2019 is less than 2 weeks away, which means it’s less than 2 weeks until we see you again and we couldn’t be more excited! We know that sometimes it’s easy to get swept up in the excitement, that you might forget a few things… but not this time! We’re going to give you a hit-list of things to remember before you hit the road on your GTM journey!
- First thing’s first. YOUR TICKET. Have you got it?
- If you purchased a hard ticket, make sure it’s packed! If you bought a ticket online, either print it out and pack it, or make sure it’s saved to your smart phone.
- If you purchased online but can’t seem to find it. DON’T STRESS! All you need to do is log back into your moshtix account and resend them to yourself! So easy!
- Valid photo ID. Remember, the name and DOB on your ticket MUST match those details on your ID!
- If you’re over 18, you’ll need to bring a current Government issued ID: Driver’s license, Passport or State Issued Proof of Age Card. We recommend you do not bring any original documents such as your birth certificate.
- If you’re under 18, you can bring one of the following as proof you are the ticket holder; ATM card, school card, library card or bus pass; just some form of ID that has your full name on it.
- Cash &/or Card. We do provide ATM facilities on site but they tend to be quite popular so try to come prepared! All bars will have pay wave just in case you run out.
- A jumper. GTM can get cold at night, so make sure you bring warm clothes! We have a cloakroom on site for you to store your extra bags if you require. Cloakroom costs $5 and runs until 10:30pm at night.
- Make a meeting point. Make sure you and your friends make a meeting point as soon as you get to GTM in case you lose each other and your phones don’t work! We recommend the set times tower or Nintendo Switch Helpdesk!
- Most importantly, don’t forget your good attitude, smiling face, positive vibes and of course your best dance moooves!
WHAT YOU’LL FIND AT GTM:
- GENERAL INFO / LOST PROPERTY: If a member of your Moo crew has a question or you have lost or found an item, the Nintendo Switch Helpdesk is the place for you. The friendly team can help you out with free water, sunscreen, lost and found, maps, playing times and more while you’re there! Just look for the bright red tent!
- FOOD STALLS / BARS Lots of tasty food and beverage stalls from local producers and businesses will be scattered throughout GTM. Check out the map to see where you can pick up a feed and a cold drink!
- WATER REFILL STATIONS: There are free water refill stations throughout the event, so be sure to bring along a sealed or empty water bottle and stay hydrated thorughout the day by making the most of our refill stations! If you forget your water bottle, reusable GTM water bottles are available from Nintendo Switch Helpdesk and the water station near the Merchandise Tent for $5. But be quick they’re limited!
- THE FIRST AID is open all day. The experienced and friendly team is there to help if you are feeling unwell in any way or hurt.
- RED FROGS are an integral part of the GTM Family! You will find them roaming around site, be sure to say hi, grab a frog, they are here to help you!
- MOOTIQUE STATION Our Mootique Station has been set up with those little bits and pieces you may need to freshen up! And the best bit is its all free!
- ACCESSIBLE TOILETS will be on site to make the GTM experience a smooth ride and of minimal fuss. Refer to the map for locations.
- SIGNING TENT Check out the Artist Signing Tent on show day to get a memento from some of the GTM 2019 Artists.
- CHARGE & CHILL Thanks to our friends at Universal Store, you will be able to charge up your phone for free! Why not jump on the Kamikaze ride close by while you wait.
- POWDER PEN Come in and get a quick ‘zhoosh’ before heading out to your favourite band. Local salon Beautique Hair Lounge will be donating a percentage of the profits made on day to Rural Aid’s Buy A Cow campaign, which aims to assist cattle farmers in North West Queensland restock their herds after the devastating stock losses suffered during the recent flooding.
- QUEER CANDY Ede Events will be proudly hosting an LGBTQI+ and inclusive safe space, QUEER CANDY, complete with drag queens and disco tunes! Operating since 1966, Ede Events have been at the forefront of event development in the region. They have supplied GTM with marquees, furniture and event equipment since our very first festival and in 2019 are excited to have an even larger presence.
- QUEENSLAND COUNTRY WOMEN’S ASSOCIATION provides support and friendship for women of all ages in all areas of the state; rural and city. The QCWA are running a market stall packed with protein balls, sugar coated peanuts, crochet delights and more handmade goodness. All the funds will go back into supporting the amazing work the QCWA does for their local and wider community.
- ST VINCENT DE PAUL will be running a market stall of vintage and second-hand clothes that have been sourced from their stores. The money raised will go back towards helping those less fortunate in Townsville and those who have been impacted by the floods.
Getting to the Murray Sports Complex is super easy, but in case you need directions or any further info take a look at the ‘Travel’ section of our website.
If you need to purchase a bus ticket, you can do so here.
Return buses begin departing from the GTM Bus Stop on Murray Lyons Crescent at 8:00pm. The GTM bus pick up area is the same as the drop off area, located to the right as you head out of the main event gate.
Bus controllers will manage when buses come and go depending on how many are in each bus. Don’t forget. You’ll need to have a pre-purchased return ticket or buy a one way fare on site to access the bus services. Otherwise you can pay cash to the driver for a one way ticket for $5.
Taxis are located across from the site on Mervyn Crossman Drive near the AFL ground entry. Please be aware that taxis are limited so look after yourself and your mates if you are lining up and be sure to be respectful of everyone else.
The public pick up point will be located on Mervyn Crossman Drive.
Ride share is available, follow the instructions on the Uber App for the pick up location near the Townsville Basketball Stadium, located on Murray Lyons Crescent.
We don’t want you missing any of your favourite bands or artists on the day, so save the set times to your phone so you can easily access them throughout the day!
Get acquainted with the locations of everything you’ll need ahead of time, including; cloakroom, food vendors, stages, the Nintendo Switch Helpdesk, medical services and more. They’re all listed in our map!
Create your GTM schedule, discover new artists and generate your personalised Spotify playlist based on the artists you favourite within the app! Just log in with your Spotify account to unlock all the features!
Got any questions about GTM, or need some help creating your scheudle for the day? Just ask Bessy! Click the link to get started:
Groovin the Moo will once again be selling reusable water bottles for you to refill at the free refill stations throughout the festival.
The bottles will be available from the Nintendo Switch Helpdesk and the water station near the Merchandise Tent for $5, but you’ll have to be quick because they’re limited!
You can also help the environment by bringing along a sealed or empty water bottle. We’ll have water stations set up around the festival for you to be able to refill your bottle as many times as you like throughout the day. Stay hydrated!
Got some friends who still haven’t bought their ticket? Luckily there are still some tickets for Townsville available, but they won’t last long! Jump online PRONTO to snap ‘em up!
BONUS: From Saturday 27th April – *ticket-selling Universal Stores are offering a 20% discount store wide to everyone that purchases their ticket in store, or flashes their official GTM ticket! Last minute festival outfits anyone?!
Got a question that we haven’t answered here? Head to our FAQs page!
To download our Festival Essentials guide, click here.