That’s a wrap on Groovin the Moo 2019! This year was so incredible – filled with unforgettable moments, amazing friendships…
Your Festival Essentials Guide to GTM Maitland!
GTM 2019 is less than 2 weeks away, which means it’s less than 2 weeks until we see you again and we couldn’t be more excited! We know that sometimes it’s easy to get swept up in the excitement, that you might forget a few things… but not this time! We’re going to give you a hit-list of things to remember before you hit the road on your GTM journey!
- First thing’s first. YOUR TICKET. Have you got it?
- If you purchased a hard ticket, make sure it’s packed! If you bought a ticket online, either print it out and pack it, or make sure it’s saved to your smart phone.
- If you purchased online but can’t seem to find it. DON’T STRESS! All you need to do is log back into your moshtix account and resend them to yourself! So easy!
- Valid photo ID. Remember, the name and DOB on your ticket MUST match those details on your ID!
- If you’re over 18, you’ll need to bring a current Government issued ID: Driver’s license, Passport or State Issued Proof of Age Card. We recommend you do not bring any original documents such as your birth certificate.
- If you’re under 18, you can bring one of the following as proof you are the ticket holder; ATM card, school card, library card or bus pass; just some form of ID that has your full name on it.
- Cash &/or Card. We do provide ATM facilities on site but they tend to be quite popular so try to come prepared! All bars will have pay wave just in case you run out.
- A jumper. GTM can get cold at night, so make sure you bring warm clothes! We have a cloakroom on site for you to store your extra bags if you require. Cloakroom costs $5 and runs until 11pm at night.
- Make a meeting point. Make sure you and your friends make a meeting point as soon as you get to GTM in case you lose each other and your phones don’t work! We recommend the set times tower or Nintendo Switch Helpdesk!
- Most importantly, don’t forget your good attitude, smiling face, positive vibes and of course your best dance moooves!
WHAT YOU’LL FIND AT GTM:
- GENERAL INFO / LOST PROPERTY: If a member of your Moo crew has a question or you have lost or found an item, the Nintendo Switch Helpdesk is the place for you. The friendly team can help you out with free water, sunscreen, lost and found, maps, playing times and more while you’re there! Just look for the bright red tent!
- FOOD STALLS / BARS Lots of tasty food and beverage stalls from local producers and businesses will be scattered throughout GTM. Check out the map to see where you can pick up a feed and a cold drink!
- WATER REFILL STATIONS: There are free water refill stations throughout the event, so be sure to bring along a sealed or empty water bottle and stay hydrated thorughout the day by making the most of our refill stations! If you forget your water bottle, reusable GTM water bottles are available from the soft drink bar and cloakroom and next to the Mootiques for $5. But be quick they’re limited!
- THE FIRST AID tent is open all day. The experienced and friendly team is there to help if you are feeling unwell in any way or hurt.
- DANCEWIZE Here you will find a safe place to chill out and take a bit of a break.
- MOOTIQUES Our Mootiques have been set up with those little bits and pieces you may need to freshen up! And the best bit is its all free!
- ACCESSIBLE TOILETS will be on site to make the GTM experience a smooth ride and of minimal fuss. Refer to the map for locations.
- LOCK IT UP Store your belongings in your very own secure locker. You’ll have unlimited access to the locker throughout the day using an RFID wristband and the lockers also have phone charging facilities inside! Lockers vary in size and price and are available to purchase on day, subject to availabilities.
- SIGNING TENT Check out the Artist Signing Tent on show day to get a memento from some of the GTM 2019 Artists.
- CHARGE & CHILL Thanks to our friends at Universal Store, you will be able to charge up your phone for free! Why not jump on the Kamikaze ride close by while you wait.
- CATTLE CROQUET The Queen of Hearts will be testing your hand at croquet inside a Groovin Wonderland. For a gold coin donation, you can test your skills and all funds raised will be going to MaitlandFootball4All. The club was established to promote and support participation by players of all levels of ability and with special needs.
- POWDER PEN Come in and get a quick ‘zhoosh’ before heading out to your favourite band. Local salon WAK the Salon will be donating a percentage of the profits made on day to
- HEAPS GAY Fancy a boogie to some classic tunes with a sprinkle of country glamour? Head to the Heaps Gay Milk Bar for some incredibly good vibes with DJs, drag queens and lots of sparkle and show your support for our regional LGBTQI community.
- CESSNOCK YOUTH ENTERTAINMENT COMMITTEE have been committed to providing live music options for young people and young bands for over 15 years. They will be hosting a one-stop-shop for soft drinks and lollies for you to fuel up and know you are supporting the amazing work they do.
- THE ROTARY CLUB OF EAST MAITLAND will be filling hungry tummies with a classic sausage sizzle in Maitland Park with all proceeds going back towards the amazing work they do in the community. If you’re around, make sure you grab a sanga!
- MARKET STALLS
- Capture Classic: Make some memoories on film, polaroid and disposable cameras.
- Bros and Arrows: Local designers selling some red-hot street wear.
- Obsessive: Bohemian clothing sure to delight.
- Queen Justice Vintage: They do not call her the Queen of vintage for nothing.
- Cakes: Get your sugar hit from our local baker!
- Runamok Designs: Handmade festival clothing for everyone.
- Red Cross: A selection of second hand clothes to help you jazz up your festival attire, or a jumper for when the temperature drops.
Getting to Maitland Showground is super easy, but in case you need directions or any further info take a look at the ‘Travel’ section of our website.
Remember, we’ve got buses running from Broadmeadow, Newcastle and Hamilton – it’s the cheapest and most convenient way for you to get to GTM and home again! Grab your bus tickets here.
GETTING HOME bus services to Newcastle will depart from the GTM shuttle bus area on Park Street, Maitland Park from 6:30pm and will be traveling to both Broadmeadow and Hamilton Stations.
Charter bus services will depart from Gibbs Street bus bay post event.
A taxi rank is located just outside Maitland train station. Please be aware that taxis are limited.
The public pick up and Ride Share pick up location is at Maitland train station.
We don’t want you missing any of your favourite bands or artists on the day, so save the set times to your phone so you can easily access them throughout the day!
Get acquainted with the locations of everything you’ll need ahead of time, including; cloakroom, food vendors, stages, the Nintendo Switch Helpdesk, medical services and more. They’re all listed in our map!
Create your GTM schedule, discover new artists and generate your personalised Spotify playlist based on the artists you favourite within the app! Just log in with your Spotify account to unlock all the features!
Got any questions about GTM, or need some help creating your schedule for the day? Just ask Bessy! Click the link to get started:
Groovin the Moo will once again be selling reusable water bottles for you to refill at the free refill stations throughout the festival.
The bottles will be available from the soft drink bar and cloakroom and next to the Mootiques for $5, but you’ll have to be quick because they’re limited!
You can also help the environment by bringing along a sealed or empty water bottle. We’ll have water stations set up around the festival for you to be able to refill your bottle as many times as you like throughout the day. Stay hydrated!
Haven’t sorted your accom yet? Don’t stress! WOW tents is now taking bookings for GTM Maitland! For more info and to book, click here.
Maitland is officially SOLD OUT, however, our resale facility is open, which means if you jump on the moshtix website, you may get lucky and score yourself some tickets! If you can no longer attend, please resell your ticket back to moshtix so we can keep the tickets in the hands of true music fans!
BONUS: From Saturday 20th April – *ticket-selling Universal Stores are offering a 20% discount store wide to everyone that flashes their GTM ticket in store! Last minute festival outfits anyone?!
Got a question that we haven’t answered here? Head to our FAQs page!
To download our Festival Essentials guide, click here.