If Groovin the Moo (GTM) had to identify as an item in a homewares store, it would undoubtedly be a…
Cattle Crew 2018
GTM are once again on the hunt for our Cattle Crew for 2018! We love each and every region we visit especially the people that make up those communities, so why wouldn’t we ask our local legends for their top tips and hot spots? That’s Cattle Crew!
Have a certain flair for photography, writing, content creation or just love a bit of old fashioned community involvement, even better! Maybe you have a favourite local barista that deserves a shout out, or you’re always the first to snap the best shot of #brunch?
If you are one, or all, of the above and have previously attended Groovin the Moo then we would love to hear from you!
But GTM, what does being a part of Cattle Crew mean?
There are lots of ways to get involved, have a look at some of the ideas below:
- News Articles: Have a stab at writing a news article for the GTM website! We’d love you to give us and our audience an insight into what your town has to offer. The best coffee, record store, happy hour or art gallery?! Think about it like this: if you had a friend coming to stay, what are the places that you MUST take them!
- You’ll be able to chat with your other Cattle Crew members via our FB group, so if you’re thinking about reviewing a café, for example, message the group and see if there is someone with photography skills that wants to come along and shoot.
- Local Businesses: Are you buddies with a local business? Café, hair salon, bar – anything that our ticket holders may be interested in! What will entice GTM out-of-towners to visit their business? Two for one lunch deals? Discounted beauty services at the local salon? We’d love you to work with these local businesses to establish some deals for GTM ticket holders.
- GTM Warm-Up Parties (Over 18 only): Maybe you want to plan your own event one day but need some hands-on experience? You can get involved with our warm up parties either throughout the planning process and/or help the bar staff deck out the venue with posters and props on the day.
- Community Involvement Program: We already work with a bunch of great groups and initiatives in the GTM regions, but they could always use some extra hands helping out. You could give back to your local community by helping prepare for the fundraising stall on show day, or maybe one of our local artists need some assistance installing their installation! There are plenty of opportunities here, talk to Millie about how you can get involved.
- Market Stalls: Head on down to your local markets and see if there is anyone that you think would be perfect for GTM! If so, grab their contact details!
- Enviro Challenge: We always end up with excess scrim (that’s the lining you see along the fences at GTM!) and we want to ensure that this is recycled rather than just thrown away. That’s where you come in! The scrim can only really be reused in a garden setting, so we’d love you to reach out to our local nurseries in advance of GTM to arrange for them to pick up the leftover scrim after the event!
- Content: Have an interest in photography or videography? Use your creative flair to create content that reflect the GTM community and show people the best parts about where you live. If this one is of interest to you, we can come up with some fun ideas together!
Sounds great! How do I apply?
That’s easy! All you need to do is fill out the form here.
Applications close on Tuesday 27th Feb at Midnight and successful applicants will be contacted a day or two later.